Instead of heading to Cannes or just staying home, some lucky ones in the media industry are heading to VidCon.
What they say : We asked a few people why they were spending time in Anaheim this week and what they hoped to spark conversations.
Bessemer Venture Partners investor Alexandra Soukin:
- Beginner. “We have not yet [many] direct relations with the creators of Bessemer. … I felt like the next step was to really go and immerse myself in the ecosystem of creators, the kinds of issues they face.”
- ICT Tac. “I imagine Tiktok is going to be a topic of conversation for many different panels – how to build a brand on TikTok, how to take advantage of new features.”
Spotter CEO Aaron DeBevoise and COO Nic Paul:
- Customer meetings. “We’re going to have something at the back of the house [where] we can engage with more of our partners and even potential partners. … We’re less about parties and just put our logo everywhere,” says Paul.
- Economy. “There’s going to be a lot of talk about growth…but then there’s going to be this looming economic discussion where we’ve even seen managers send their clients, ‘Hey, be ready for a 30% drop in the ad market'” , DeBevoise said.
Label the media CEO Dave Dickman:
- A solid range. “VidCon has always had very strong programming and content, with POVs from brands and creators.”
- Web3. “It’s become such an area of focus in the industry.”